My dear friend Greg Buie is the director of Visions Global Empowerment, an organization aimed to educate and empower orphaned and disadvantaged youth. Join Greg and I for his 2nd annual charity fashion show to raise money for Visions.
Fashion doesn't just have to be about looking good (and thus feeling good). There are lots of charities that use fashion to promote their causes. One such organization is Visions Global Empowerment…
Visions is a global nonprofit organization dedicated to educating and empowering disadvantaged and orphaned youth. We help uplift underprivileged young people, teachers, and others in developing countries by providing academic and professional assistance through training in Leadership & Life Skills, English, and IT. Over the last 5 years, we have worked in various communities across Sri Lanka, India, and Kenya. To read more about our organization, please visit our website: www.VisionsForTheFuture.org
This year we are thrilled to be holding our 2nd Annual "Fashions at the Cove" Charity Fashion Show in San Diego, CA on Thursday, April 16th. The show will take place at sunset on the rooftop of the La Jolla Cove Suites, which is right on the beach. Enjoy beautiful panoramic views of the ocean while enjoying trendy fashions by local designers and boutiques and learning about the important work Visions does with underprivileged children overseas. Our designers' fashions cover everything from casual wear to trendy designer labels to modern Indian-influenced clothes. There will also be a DJ, fashions for sale, henna artist, refreshments, opportunity drawing, and…Anna as our wonderful MC! Tickets are just $20 for students and $30 for community members. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase your tickets. For those who cannot attend, Visions gladly accepts donations via PayPal on our website.
Please join us for this fun evening for a cause!
-- Greg Buie
We assure you of highest quality writing services priced based on friendliness, understanding of economic considerations, academic standards, and simple pricing system that will be adequate to deliver superb academic excellence Results.
- A Few Goody GumDrops - A Few Goody Gumdrops and Chickdowntown.com are giving away a pair of Current Elliott Boyfriend Jeans! So…Girlfriend,Enter to Win!!
- alixrose - Interview with Monika Dasai, CEO of Sole Envie, on how her company will change the way women shop for shoes.
- Breakfast at Saks - Christian Siriano for Payless Debuts at NY Fashion Week
- Capitola Girl Jewelry Blog - the elegance of pearls
- Debutante Clothing - Debutante Clothing finds a red carpet worthy vintage Balmain cocktail dress
- Dogmom’s Dish - Erickson Beamon for Target: Bodacious Brilliance to Stimulate Your Senses
- Fabfrocks - About a million reasons why I still love Betsey Johnson…OK, not a million, but definitely more than three!
- fashion in my eyes - Boy meets modelling
- Fashion Pulse Daily - A Fashion Week recap, including Marc by Marc Jacobs, Rodarte, Tibi, and Narciso Rodriguez!
- fete a fete - Cute workout attire from IVEE
- Independent Fashion Bloggers - Photos from Dress Up Soiree LONDON!
- Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fashion - My favorites from the first half of Fashion Week: Rachel Roy, Peter Som, TSE, Christian Cota, and more.
- MISS GLITZY - My personal shoe museum, the story of I. Miller, a dynasty of American shoemakers.
- misslikey - never forget your gloves
- Or False Glitter - Hannah Marshall and Ipso Facto: A day of London Fashion Week
- Shopping and Info - Shopping and Info loves ruffle bags which are all the rage for Spring and in the nude even better!
- Studio Purpura Fashion Blog - Oscar 2009 Hits and Misses for the lovely starlette’s that dawned the red carpet!!
- Style Gourmand - Style Gourmand talks to Ray Chang, Art Director at Oscar de la Renta, about art, fashion and his endless search for the perfect grey suit.
- Style Symmetry - Would you wear red eye makeup?
- Style With Anna - Get Angelina Jolie’s 2009 Oscar Inspired Dress and Emerald Jewelry
- THE COVETED - A visit to the house of Wendy Brandes
- Your source for all things wicked and awesome - Kate Moss makes black magic look extra yummy in this editorial. It’s all about acessorizing in just the right way!
There were a lot of split decisions on this Dior Haute Couture Oscar gown. At first I liked it, then I didn't, but in the end, I realized that Sarah Jessica Parker was wearing it. She IS Carrie Bradshaw after all, so I can't hate. (I'm the biggest Sex and the City freak that ever lived). So if you have an occasion where you can stand out, you might consider going all out like Sarah Jessica Parker did. Her dress is a light mint green and I must say, I love the added belt that makes this dress different from any other poofy prom dress. Here's a designer inspired dress that will be sure to make your prom night fashionably memorable!
If you haven't noticed it by now, I love Angelina Jolie. She is one of my all time favorite actresses and I loved her all the way back when she was wearing a blood vile on her neck and "making out" with her bro. Those days are long gone and it seems as she ages, she gets classier and more beautiful. It is hard to stun a crowd with a simple black dress (by designer Elie Saab) but Angie did it and she did it well. I have found her designer inspired dress for much less and some other knockoff options to stun a crown in your own little black dress:
Angelina's gorgeous Lorraine Schwartz emerald earrings and matching cocktail ring really pulled together this look. If you haven't got the budget, here are some alternative options to pop your black dress: