I am loving fashion this year because we are breaking out of the boring and safe neutrals. Clothing and accessories are louder and bolder than ever. And it's no different when it comes to handbags. Some of these may be weird and wacky, but they are definitely rockable. The 80s are here again and the colors are loud! The last time I broke out my Aqua Net was when Madonna was rolling around onstage with her extremely bushy brows. Or was that the early 90s? Anyway, the point is, it's back.
If you're afraid to fully embrace this trend, then opt for popping your outfit with an over the top bold purse. That way, 10 years from now, you won't remember how you fell victim to a trend since you only supported it with an accessory. For this season, you'll notice big bags and small alike will have bright colors and bold patterns. You'll also notice bags that are studded or fringed, with all different types of over the top embellishments. These bags can easily be found in any mom and pop stores or forever21 for a very reasonable price. Even Louis Vuitton is trying to follow this trend with their 80s inspired graffiti bags. I don't recommend spending that much money on such a temporary look. Unless you have disposable money.
Seriously though, go all out when when choosing a fun handbag. Committing is absolutely necessary and definitely celebrated. So if you're ready to add some big, bold and colorful bags to your collection, here are some cute recommendations:
- A Few Goody GumDrop - A Few Goody Gumdrops asks…if you are coming apart at the seems then enter to win torn leggings from LnA!
- Breakfast at Saks - Still sifting through Paris Fashion Week shows? Be sure to make time for Ann Demeulemeester F/W 09.10
- Capitola Girl Jewelry Blog - Check, Please!
- Consume or Consumed - Consume or Consumed Sees Double and Triple: On Buying Multiples
- Couture Cult - CoutureCult.com: Alison Lewis (formerly of Mooka Kinney), Spring/Summer 09
- Debutante Clothing - Missoni is Inspired By Vintage Modernist Necklaces
- Dogmom’s Dish - Desperately Seeking Orla
- Fashion Daydream - What your didn’t see at Fashion Week: A behind the scenes look into fashion week, fashionistas en route to the shows and models being made up.
- Fashion Pulse Daily - reports on the latest colors for fall 2009 — the season isn’t comprised of various hues of black or even bright colors for that matter either.
- Felicia Sullivan - beauty & styling products that work for curly, coarse hair, really work. part 1: frederic fekkai
- fete a fete - Larkspur & Hawk’s GORGEOUS antique and vintage inspired
- Independent Fashion Bloggers - Burnout Aversion Tips From Bloggers
- reLYME - An analysis of the Persian-inspired trend that’s hitting the runway
- Retro Chick - Top 5 Ways to have fun with no money
- Shopping and Info - Shopping and Info found Gossip Girl scarves bags and jewelry oh my!
- Solo Lisa - Sunny fashion picks inspired by Freida Pinto’s character in Slumdog Millionaire
- Studio Purpura Fashion Blog - Shopping Hops in the Far & South East Asia! Photos to Come!
- Style Symmetry - Check out my interview with Jennine of The Coveted!
- Style With Anna - Fashion for Guys: How to Dress Like David Beckham
- THE COVETED - Exclusive Video Preview & Tutorial: Benefit Smokin’ Eyes
- the musings of ondo lady - Get ready for a retro prequel of Gossip Girl which is about the trials and tribulations of a teenage Lily van der Woodsen
- what the pros do… - Spring Clean Your Makeup Kit!
It is time for another one of my crazy lists! I often talk about everything that is in season, with the trends, etc. But there are times when I truly do appreciate bad fashion. These fashion flops make me smile, giggle, and LOL. They truly brought me Joy and I must share it with you.
When he's not showing off his abs, in his underwear, or wearing his soccer uniform, David Beckham always steps out as a fashion icon. His look is preppy, tailored, GQ and oh so hot! This guy is not afraid to accessorize and master the art of layering, proving a success everytime. Of course there are stylists, loads of expensive clothes, and Victoria to make this happen. But I am here to break it down and show you how to look like David Beckham on any budget!
Through the years, David has tried many hairstyles. Right now he rocks the faux hawk and the messier short hair look. This hairstyle is definitely not a new concept, but I have to say, it looks good on most guys. To achieve this look: wet hair, use hair wax or gel sparingly and scoop your hair up with both hands towards the middle. Grab chunks of your hair and bunch them together for the messy look and blow dry your bangs upwards. It's not that hard since the look is supposed to be messy, but the wax and gel holds everything into place. My ex boyfriend used to rock this hairdo and he would take a shower, put gel in his hair, then stick his head out of the window in the car. I can't hate, it worked. To date, he is still the guy who had the best hair out of everyone I've dated. His techniques were ghetto, but sometimes you gotta improvise.
3 is the magic number here. Pants, undershirt, overshirt. Let's observe this beautiful creature. If it's a formal occasion, you'll see dress pants, collared shirt and a vest. If it's casual, it's jeans with a plaid shirt, dress shirt or t-shirt, along with an overcoat or cardigan. Even if David is just wearing t-shirt and jeans, the t-shirts are usually layered. To make an outfit complete, you need to find that 3rd piece to incorporate in. And don't be afraid of trends! Trends happen so we get the chance to have more fun with our clothes and step outside our comfort zone. That way, you can dig up pictures 15 years from now and say, "haha what was I thinking!?". At least it's fun! My fiance is afraid to wear plaid and sticks to his boring t-shirt and jeans all the time. I think it's pretty lame. Guys need to rock the trends as much as girls do. It keeps things interesting.
Dressed up look:
Casual cardigan look:
David Beckham IS accessories man! Right now, it's the aviator sunglasses, scarves scarves scarves, and hats of every kind . For girls, it's like adding the jewelry, belt and handbag to give you that extra boost to your style. David Beckham is not afraid of the murse either! He definitely understands that guys have things to carry too. Honestly guys, it's totally convenient. Look into it. It's better than overloading your wallet and becoming a fat wallet victim. Use it to your advantage.
If you are still confused with the Beckham look, hit the gym, get a rockin body and go shirtless. After all, that is his best look...yum!