O M frickin G...LED eyelashes?? It's kind of funny, but kind of cool. I don't know whether to laugh or run to the store and buy me a pair.
As an Asian, we grow up with our cultures' obsession to have bigger eyes. So much so that artist Soomi Park designed these eyelashes that are made to make your eyes look bigger. There's a mercury switch that turns on and off depending on how you tilt your head. Wouldn't it be funny if you were on a date and some guy was looking into your eyes and it kept shutting on and off. That would be awesome. Anyhoo, I thought initially that these eyelashes would be fun. I am attending a Lady Gaga concert and a pair of these babies would be perfect for the occasion. That is, until I watched the video on how they worked. Apparently you have to wear an ear piece and they have wires and it's just a hot mess. So until they perfect and create wireless LED eyelashes, I will stick to my usual falseys. The eyelashes with the crystals will give you the same light as the LED eyelashes without turning on and off.
Braided hair is cute. A braided hair headband is even cuter when you want to rock a bohemian/indian girl look, but braided jewelry? Questionable. This is a jewelry line from a relatively new company Grau Wal. I will have to see this in person and try it on to form a solid opinion. I mean, what kind of neckline would be best suited for a braided hair necklace? Is it itchy? What I do know is that when you wear this, you cannot be conservative. You have to be balls out funky and experimental. Can I see Lady Gaga wear this? Yes. But I've also seen Lady Gaga in an outfit made from a pile of Kermit the Frogs. Most likely that wouldn't be suitable for work. I must say, I'm not too into the necklace, but the bracelet is kind of cute. If someone gave it to me for Christmas, sure, I'd wear it once or twice. The gift-er would have to be a high roller because these hair jewelry pieces start at $110. That's a little steep considering the product. For now, I'll stick to braids in my hair or in a headband. Something more like these:
OMG, did I just die and go to heaven?!?! I am in love! Massimiliano Della Monaca, an Italian designer, knows what a woman wants. A custom designed bathtub shaped like a shoe! I mean, let's have an honest moment. I love shoes. I don't necessarily want to wear them because usually the prettier the shoe, the more it hurts. But do I want to have one covered in custom mosaic tile sparkling in my bathroom and massaging me while the water runs down my head and shoulders? Hello, who wouldn't?
So, if you have an extra $17,000 (equivalent to approximately 24.28 pairs of Manolo Blahniks) in cash reserves, I say splurge! I mean, sure, a regular bathtub can range anywhere from $300-$3000 (for a copper tub). But who wants to be regular? However, if you'd rather have 24.28 pairs of Manolo's, here are my favs:
Most girls may dress a little more uninhibited during Halloween. Forget the old tired nurse, police girl, or school girl outfits -- it's time to get more creative! For Lady Gaga, everyday is a little like Halloween. You can be sexy yet funky and weird all at the same time. You can either choose an outfit of hers to replicate, or you can use your own creativity using some key Lady Gaga elements.
Here are some of my favorites and easy looks to replicate:
Lady Gaga in Poker Face Video
Love love LOVE this look! It's both sexy, powerful, dramatic and fun to replicate. There are so many things you can do to add your own creativity to this look. The main elements to remember is black and shiny. Sometimes Halloween Costume stores will sell a full body cat suit. Notice Lady Gaga's is a one shouldered suit. If you buy a full body cat suit, you can rock that. Or, you can take a pair of scissors to it and cut one arm off. Fold down the material of the area you cut off and either sew or glue it down so it doesn't look so homemade. Otherwise, you can find a one shouldered black top with liquid leggings and recreate the exact outfit.
To replicate this look, you'll need:
1. Reflective masquerade mask or any other masquerade mask that adds drama. (See this video on how to create your own Poker Face mask!)
2. Patent leather cat suit or a liquid top & liquid leggings
3. Black patent leather boots or booties
4. Partial leather glove(you can use lace if the leather ones are hard to find or too expensive.)
5. Blond wig
6. Solid black bandanna
Lady Gaga VMA Acceptance Speech Red Lacey Dress
Not my favorite look of hers since I can't see her face, but a great Halloween costume none the less. This costume is actually being sold as a complete "Lady Gaga" costume set. Or, if you're going to piece this look together on your own, here is a list of things you'll need:
1. Red Lace dress (If you're thrifty or you have an aunt or grandma who can sew, buy a few yards of red lace at the fabric store, cut a hole for you head and sew on two arms. If you're too lazy to sew on the arms, drape the fabric over you, cut a hold for your head and pin the rest of the fabric all the way down to your thighs and cut off the fabric. Wear red underwear or a red tank top and booty shorts underneath.
2. For the crown, you can make it out of thin cardboard, just cut and glue. Glue the rest of the red fabric you have left on your crown. On the front of the crown, drape the lace over it and glue and let it cover your face.
Depending on your skills, it could turn out awesome or tacky. But get the girls together and have fun doing it!
If you want to use your own creativity but still portray Lady Gaga, remember these key elements to everything that is Gaga:
1. Don't wear pants - Look into a body suit, swimsuit, anything to show off your buns. Don't forget to wear either nude panty hose or pattern panty hose underneath your bodysuit.
2. Super blond wig - You can do with a long straight blond wig with bangs or her more recent straight blond bob or curly blond bob. Always fun to be a blond for a day.
3. Shiny - She always wears shiny leggings, tops, latex/patent leather stuff. Keep an eye out for that
4. Blinging - She has those sunglasses with the glass pieces glued on one eye. Find a plain masquerade mask and glue on your on mirror pieces you can find at the craft store. It doesn't have to be actual mirror glass or anything. Any type of confetti or glitter that reflects light would work.
5. Hair bow - Although this is one of her older looks, it's an oldie but a goodie.
6. Crazy hats - She always has a hat and/or an umbrella. Accessories that add height and drama.
7. Masquerade masks - In every performance with almost every outfit, she's wearing some type of partial or full mask. Look for something with a lot of detail, color, and drama.
Happy Halloween Lady Gaga Monsters!!