I have wavy, sort of curly, sort of straight, frizzy, very annoying hair. The easiest and quickest tool for me to use to look fabulous is a straight iron. Now, there are so many different straight irons on the market. Which one is good? Whichever one that is in your budget, make sure it’s a ceramic iron as is it better for your hair. This is the one item that I suggest you splurge a little on. Because a little goes a long way! It is less damaging to your hair and it makes it look healthy, smooth and fabulous!
Go for a Chi Pink Iron. I have the pink limited edition one because I love pink, but you can’t go wrong with any of their flat irons. It’s the best flat iron that I’ve ever owned and I recommend it to everyone!
What are advantages of Makeup Brushes?
People think that they don't need makeup brushes and like to use their fingers to get the job done. No doubt you love your finger, but use them to hold things, i.e, makeup brushes. Using makeup brushes have several benefits:
- The brushes are simpler to control than your finger and so the result is much less messy.
- Brushes can help you applying blush on one cheek and then the other with a matching effect.
- Brushes make final effect natural and wonderful. Your face will glow more and each color should come blended into the next.
- Your fingers can contaminate your cosmetics, but your brushes do not.
Type of Brushes:
There are a number of makeup brushes available in the cosmetic shops ranging from purpose to size to cost. Choose according to your need. You can buy the following range of Makeup Brushes:
- Power Brushes - Luxuriously designed oversize brushes to dust loose or pressed powder across the face.
- Blush Brushes - These brushes gives user excellent control.
- Sponge Brushes - Sponge of this brush helps in blending of the cosmetics very well.
- Eye Brushes - your eyes are beautiful and after all important to you. You can Buy a range of eye brushes like Eye Shadow Brushes, Eye Liner Brushes, Eyebrow Brushes, etc to keep doing your eyes designing.
- Lip Brushes - These brushes gives your lips the true blending of color and cosmetics.
New Brush Set Pro makeup with case makeup brush MC182
Price: US $2.29
Time left: 15m
There are many more brushes are available for doing makeup and makeup of different kind. Identify your requirement and got them. Definitely, these will make you prettier.
Take care of your brushes
Once you got the brushes of your need and choice, you need to take care of these. How do you do that??
- Always store your brushes in mesh brush bag.
- Don't blow on your brushes. If you need to reduce some of the powder or cosmetics while using gently shake them.
- Clean the brushes regularly.
- After cleaning, dry them naturally. Do not use hair dryer etc, otherwise bristle will melt.
How to clean makeup brushes?
To clean your makeup brushes, please follow the followings cleaning rules.
- Run warm water over the bristles of the brush. Take care that base of the brush do not get wet, especially if is made of wood.
- Do continue rinsing till it become clear and clean.
- Squeeze the extra water but very gently.
- Reshape it delicately.
- Allow it dry in air for 24 hour.
Independent Fashion Blogger is a fantastic community for fashion bloggers. Each week, I will be publishing a roundup of posts from some of my fellow collegue's. Enjoy this week's list!
- 39thandbroadway.com - How can a half-naked Pamela Anderson and Paris Hilton win you a free gift?
- A Few Goody GumDrops - A Few Goody Gumdrops found something for the girl who has everything!
- a sense sublime - Hair Today. The dilemma of a new hairstyle for a new year.
- All Chic - Loving Scotland - from “The Three Lives of Thomasina” to “Thistle and Broom”
- Being High Maintenance, not Bitchy - Time to get some lovin with Longchamp…
- Breakfast at Saks - Bleached-Out Jeans: a trend you can afford to buy into
- Consume or Consumed - Don’t we all remember events by outfits, these days? Here’s my year in outfit memories:
- Couture Allure - Staying stylish in cold weather
- Debutante Clothing - Debutante Clothing bids Aloha to the late Alfred Shaheen
- Dirty Laundry - Recreating the style of Agyness Deyn posing with The Paddingtons
- Dogmom’s Dish - Thakoon for Target (part two): The Dark Side
- dramatis personae - Dramatis Personae: Etsy Designers– Friends of Plus-Sized Gal!
- eye4style - Designer Ronit Genik talks about her favorite pieces from the Reverie Spring 2009 collection.
- Fashion Birdcage - Liria Pristine, Rebel With A Cause
- fashion fille - Fashion Fille analyzes boyfriend blazers, from who to how!
- fashion in my eyes - Clothes that charm
- Fashion Pulse Daily - Fashion Pulse Daily’s Editor tests mineral powders and eye makeup that cost only — are they just as good as mineral makeup?
- fete a fete - indiDenim custom jeans beta Intellifit Design Studio program:
- In Life and In Fashion - Seven Style Resolutions: What are yours?
- Independent Fashion Bloggers - Design Usability tips your readers will love
- Iole in fashion - Mix ‘n Match
- Iwanttowearit - Fun With Etsy! Take a site seeing tour of Etsy to scope out the emerging, home-grown modeling talent.
- Jewelry Gal - Five Style Tips For Dressing Well On A Budget
- lace & leather - playlist 1.0 fashion inspired music!
- Little Black Book - Aspiring Designer: I’m Your Present and some of her designs from the new “eBay” known as Etsy
- Mademoiselle Robot - An interview with Mister Dreamboat aka Matthew Gray Gubler.
- Market Publique - The Intrigue is Over! Find out when Market Publique is all about, and when it will launch!
- noiretro - Make your own DIY studded hat!
- Or False Glitter - Made up to look like a Dame- MAC’s latest collaboration with OAP drag Dame Edna
- Parkas & Petticoats - A glance at the new Spring line from Rogues Gallery!
- Retro Chick - 5 ways to shake off those New Year Blues
- Shopping and Info - Shopping and Info found some amazing boots by Robert Clergerie and Loeffler Randall on sale for 70% off.
- Solo Lisa y Nada Mas - A night of drunken mischief leads to an infatuation with Goorin Bros. men’s fedoras.
- Studio Purpura - Key Fashion Trends for Spring Summer 2009 that you shouldn’t miss!
- Style Amor - Like Fairies, Unicorns and Pre-Scientology Tom Cruise?
- Style Discovery - Stylish vs Trashy. How would you compare old stars with modern day celebs?
- Style Symmetry - Eyeliah goes GODDESS for The Year of The Rockstar!
- Stylish Thoughts - What Shopping your closet truly means
- Summershoes - Milk and Sugar Peeling for Baby Smooth Skin
- Swell Vintage - New jewellery from Swell Vintage and hopes for the year ahead!
- Technology Starlet - Fashionably Smart Clothing
- The Bare Skinny - Take a Walk on the Wild Side
- THE COVETED - Relaxing bath tips that will make you beautiful.
- The Life and Times of a Problem Child - Male fashion that challenges the ideals of masculinity by means of Walter Van Beirendonck:
- the musings of ondo lady - Whitney Port made her debut in The City last week, read my review on it.
- THE STYLE HOUSE CHRONICLES - SASSY VS.CLASSY
- The Style PA - Find out what is on The Style PA’s bookshelf.
- Trendology - Unexpected Inspiration: Young Hercules starring a young Ryan Gosling.
- Your source for all things wicked and awesome - Majo Fruithof’s latest jewelery line has one very stylish campaign
Let me tell you guys something....I love the TASTE of coffee! I would be a normal coffee drinker, but I just don't like the way it makes me feel. It usually makes me sleepy rather than awake and someone once told me it was because I am a short girl...which I don't know what that has to do with anything...I'm still scratching my head on that one. Well anyway, instead of coffee, I drink lots of tea! The BEST tea to drink in terms of taste, slimming effects, and many other health benefits, is Oolong tea! It's an Authentic Premium Chinese Tea and some of the most sophisticated connoisseurs or tea regard it as, "The finest tea on earth, the ultimate masterpiece in the Chinese art of tea."....and here I just bought it for $2 -- who knew I was drinking the finest tea on earth! What does it do for you?
- Boosts your metabolism - Oolong tea helps break down fat molecules making it easier to digest. It blocks the fattening effects of carbs and neutralizes acids in your body. All the while boosting your metabolism and surpressing your appetite. (Sweet!)
- Improves acne - It basically cleans out the toxins in your body which helps with clearing up acne and smooths and softens your skin. (Smooth skin is much sexier.)
- Vitamins A, C & E - Oolong has significant amounts of these vitamins which helps strengthen your teeth, reduces hair loss, and boosts your immune system. This is really good during the cold and flu season to help keep away the bugs. (My teeth are strong like bull....)
- 100% Natural - I am and have always been an all natural girl. I don't like taking medication, I prefer to heal with natural substances. This is why I love Oolong tea because I've tried the slimming teas and those teas leave you feeling really weird...mainly leaves you hanging around the bathroom all day. It's not hot and it creeps me out to even THINK about all the chemicals they're putting in there. Oolong makes you feel clean, refreshed, and it tastes really good!
How much do you have to drink?
- 2 cups a day, it doesn't hurt if you drink more. I like to drink it straight, but if its your preference, add honey or sweeteners to taste.
Where do I get it?
- At your local supermarket. If they don't sell it, try amazon.com or eBay.
- Obviously there are different levels and different price ranges to Oolong. I recommend starting in the range of $5.00 for a box of 100 teabags -- that's a pretty good price.
I think if your New Years Resolution is to lose weight, this is a simple step towards your goal and it doesn't hurt to try something new. So put down the coffee and pick up some Oolong tea! (And it's fun to say!)
Looking for other types of teas and cool teaware? Check out Adagio Teas: