I'm realistic, I know that most people are fashion lazy and often throw on a t-shirt and jeans. And maybe you're a little intimidated by sequins because you don't want to feel like a disco queen. Well, let me give you some tips on how to incorporate the right amount of bling.
I have used Physicians Formula before and I was always satisfied with their products. Now, they came out with an Organic Wear Line and I'm definitely excited to try it out! Here are some of the benefits:
- 100% Free of Harsh Chemicals - Harsh Chemicals may cause irritation, breakouts, acne, rashes, redness and premature aging because your skin cannot breathe naturally.
- 100% Free of Synthetic Preservatives -Preservatives may cause irritation as well as health problems for some people.
- 100% Free of Synthetic - Synthetics happen when different compounds are puposefully mixed together to create another product. Man has never produced something better than nature. This makeup uses only natural colors, fragrances, and the brush is made from natural fibers.
- 100% Free of Parabens - For the most part, Parabens are not proven to be that bad for you. They are used as a preservative but have low toxicity levels. Only a small percentage of the population who have paraben allergies may experience skin irritation, contact dermatitis, and/or Rosacea.
- 100% Cruelty Free - They do not test on our furry friends.
- Eco-Friendly Packaging - The paper compact uses 93% less plastic than a regular compact! Nothing hotter than a fashionista who is conscious about the environment.
I am definitely going to put this product to the test. My skin feels like it's breathing just knowing that everything is from mother nature herself! She is the ultimate fashionista!
What are some conscious ways you try to be more green and environmentally friendly when it comes to beauty and fashion? Would you use this product? What are your thoughts? Leave me a comment!
UPDATE: After posting this, I went to Walgreens to buy the makeup, and the concealer stick is on sale from $6.99 to $1.39 and the blush is on sale from $12.90 to 3.19. It's a good chance to try out the makeup!
Sequins are trying to make a come back, and personally, I dig it! But how much is too much? Well, that all depends on the occasion and your personality. It is not for everyone, but sequins forces you to have a little fun with yourself....embrace it! So whether you are able to go all out or you just want a touch to accent your outfit, rock the right amount of bling for your style at any budget!
When thinking about permanent makeup, yes...it’s a tattoo...forever...as in...not removable. You must consider a couple of things...
1. I am not really a big fan of using "colors". They are too seasonal and trendy and later on you will be known as the old lady with blue eyebrows. When thinking about permanent makeup, choose something neutral. Go with colors that enhance your look! Permanent makeup should really be used as a base. You know, eyeliner, lip liner for fuller lips, stronger eyebrows when you barely have any. Stuff like that.
2. Make SURE that the ink people use does not have iron oxides in it! That is the stuff that will turn your shit green or blue. You know you’ve seen those old Asian women walkin around rockin the green or blue eyebrows! Not good people! Back in the old days, they used iron oxide ink because it’s in body tattoos and it’s cheap. But after realizing that after sun exposure your shit will turn green, they quickly found other options. There’s organic ink as well as just ink without it. So make sure with your permanent makeup artist so you know what you’re getting into.
3. FIND a good artist! Do your research! To be honest, just because they may have been in the industry longer doesn’t necessarily mean they know what they’re doing anymore. Some women who’ve been in the industry for 30 years don’t update their look. So you’re stuck with a look that was hot, 30 years ago. Make sure your artist has evolved and check their recent work before you let them mess with your face! Sometimes it’s good to go with someone who’s younger because they are updated on the trends and the trends now a day is natural!
4. Ok, people usually get really queasy when tattooing eyeliner on. Actually…not that bad! Eyebrows are probably the least painful, and then eyeliner and the most painful are the lips! You have less skin there and all of your meat is just chillin right there on your mouth. So take that into consideration and make sure the artist numbs you with 5% lidocaine for approximately 20 minutes before starting on any area. Some people still feel the pain after it’s numb, but at least it’s not as bad. Trust me, you couldn’t take it without a little somethin! Don’t worry; if you’ve found the right artist with the right touch, it’s all worth it!
5. Did you know that you can use permanent makeup to remove birth marks, sun spots, and some age spots? Well, it’s true. It is done by matching the color of your skin and basically coloring over it to conceal it. In emergency rooms and plastic surgeons offices, they use it to treat burn victims and for breast cancer victims, they use it to create an areola. Pretty cool eh?
And those are just a few things to consider…if you have any other permanent makeup questions, I am licensed and can answer any of your concerns. Talk to Anna!