How to Dress like Lady Gaga for Halloween
Most girls may dress a little more uninhibited during Halloween. Forget the old tired nurse, police girl, or school girl outfits -- it's time to get more creative! For Lady Gaga, everyday is a little like Halloween. You can be sexy yet funky and weird all at the same time. You can either choose an outfit of hers to replicate, or you can use your own creativity using some key Lady Gaga elements.
Here are some of my favorites and easy looks to replicate:
Lady Gaga in Poker Face Video
Love love LOVE this look! It's both sexy, powerful, dramatic and fun to replicate. There are so many things you can do to add your own creativity to this look. The main elements to remember is black and shiny. Sometimes Halloween Costume stores will sell a full body cat suit. Notice Lady Gaga's is a one shouldered suit. If you buy a full body cat suit, you can rock that. Or, you can take a pair of scissors to it and cut one arm off. Fold down the material of the area you cut off and either sew or glue it down so it doesn't look so homemade. Otherwise, you can find a one shouldered black top with liquid leggings and recreate the exact outfit.
To replicate this look, you'll need:
1. Reflective masquerade mask or any other masquerade mask that adds drama. (See this video on how to create your own Poker Face mask!)
2. Patent leather cat suit or a liquid top & liquid leggings
3. Black patent leather boots or booties
4. Partial leather glove(you can use lace if the leather ones are hard to find or too expensive.)
5. Blond wig
6. Solid black bandanna
Lady Gaga VMA Acceptance Speech Red Lacey Dress
Not my favorite look of hers since I can't see her face, but a great Halloween costume none the less. This costume is actually being sold as a complete "Lady Gaga" costume set. Or, if you're going to piece this look together on your own, here is a list of things you'll need:
1. Red Lace dress (If you're thrifty or you have an aunt or grandma who can sew, buy a few yards of red lace at the fabric store, cut a hole for you head and sew on two arms. If you're too lazy to sew on the arms, drape the fabric over you, cut a hold for your head and pin the rest of the fabric all the way down to your thighs and cut off the fabric. Wear red underwear or a red tank top and booty shorts underneath.
2. For the crown, you can make it out of thin cardboard, just cut and glue. Glue the rest of the red fabric you have left on your crown. On the front of the crown, drape the lace over it and glue and let it cover your face.
Depending on your skills, it could turn out awesome or tacky. But get the girls together and have fun doing it!
If you want to use your own creativity but still portray Lady Gaga, remember these key elements to everything that is Gaga:
1. Don't wear pants - Look into a body suit, swimsuit, anything to show off your buns. Don't forget to wear either nude panty hose or pattern panty hose underneath your bodysuit.
2. Super blond wig - You can do with a long straight blond wig with bangs or her more recent straight blond bob or curly blond bob. Always fun to be a blond for a day.
3. Shiny - She always wears shiny leggings, tops, latex/patent leather stuff. Keep an eye out for that
4. Blinging - She has those sunglasses with the glass pieces glued on one eye. Find a plain masquerade mask and glue on your on mirror pieces you can find at the craft store. It doesn't have to be actual mirror glass or anything. Any type of confetti or glitter that reflects light would work.
5. Hair bow - Although this is one of her older looks, it's an oldie but a goodie.
6. Crazy hats - She always has a hat and/or an umbrella. Accessories that add height and drama.
7. Masquerade masks - In every performance with almost every outfit, she's wearing some type of partial or full mask. Look for something with a lot of detail, color, and drama.
Happy Halloween Lady Gaga Monsters!!