The Grammys are on today! I'm going to bring the red carpet coverage to you live at 6pm EST. A team of hard critics are joining me to give you the best and worst fashions on the red carpet. And this time around, we wanna hear from all you fashionistas out there too! So stay tuned for all the glamour and trainwrecks at the 2009 Grammy Awards!
I am tapping back into my roots of interior design and bringing you the 10 craziest, weirdest and most unique chairs I've stumbled upon.
Have you ever been stopped in a shopping mall by a salesperson, wanting to curl your hair? Some people politely say "no thanks", others pretend to talk on their cell phones, and of course, some people give in. The latter most was me (although I have done the other 2 scenarios too). Yes guys, I was talked into having my hair curled by this unusually simple piece of equipment. Not only was I talked into trying it, I was talked into buying it. So let me give you my review on the Enzo Milano Curling Iron.
This curling iron is a little awkward to use at first. Before, it took me about an hour to curl my hair (I have really thick hair) and now it takes me about 15-20 mins. I definitely would advise you to wear the thermal glove until you get really pro at it. The glove makes it easier to curl your hair because you're not scared of the heat -- so you can focus on getting the best curls. I have also found that using clips to hold your hair back is extremely useful. It keeps things under control, organized and speeds up the process. So, on a scale from 1-5, 5 being the most difficult, I would rate this about a 3. Especially if you're not used to it. But it gets easier with time and practice.
Longevity of Curls
"Enzo MilanoTM Irons give every single turn of the curl, the same consistent heat, resulting in an incredible hold time with any product use." -- enzomilano.com
One thing I love about this curling iron is how well the curls hold. It's absolutely amazing! It can hold for days and days. It might even hold up to weeks. I've never experimented, since I wash my hair regularly. I mean, I can only push it so far in the name of beauty and fashion. But yes, these curls are fierce day after day.
Better Than a Traditional Curling Iron?
The answer is Yes! I will say it does take practice to use, but once you get the hang of it, it's so much better for your hair. Not only that, it's more flexible and you can do different types of curls with this device. If you're willing to give the Enzo Milano curling iron a try, you can usually find good deals on ebay or amazon.
Check out these great articles from my fellow Independent Fashion bloggers:
- 39thandbroadway.com - We are fierce, fabulous, fashionable women; now show us our freakin money!
- Calgary Fashion - Calgarian Up and Coming Designer raises the bar for Project Runway Canada contestants.
- Couture Allure - An open letter to Blumarine about body image in their advertising.
- fashion in my eyes - Tour de Paris
- féte à féte - Givenchy spring beauty colors!
- Independent Fashion Bloggers - IFB wants you to DRESS UP for a global soirée
- Iwanttowearit. - Karl and Katsyua Kamo rock the paper and scissors for the Chanel couture show. Arts and crafts never looked so glam!
- LeCityKitty - An even edgier option of blacl polish, Flatte Black by Knock Out. Oui Si Chic
- Little Black Book - Exploring the fusion of fashion and music through singer songwriter Lady GaGa
- Mademoiselle Robot - Worshiping John Waters & getting inspired by his films
- Modelizing - bergdorf goodman 5f window display
- Or False Glitter - Pondering negative male perceptions of my style!
- reLYME - Smashbox’s new spring live brings out your inner muse.
- Shopping and Info - Shopping and Info found Angelina Jolie’s Hippie Chic black dress for Spring 2009.
- Solo Lisa y Nada Mas - Menswear-inspired looks for the ladies
- Style Symmetry - Eyeliah sits for 10 artists to paint her portrait… not naked!
- Technology Starlet - Journey of a Pro Fashion Techie and her HP Mini Vivienne Tam Edition
- THE COVETED - Packing light for the compulsive over packer.
- the musings of ondo lady - Meet Chanel Ward, the fabulous blogger who brings us Hip Candy as well as six other blogs including Michele O. Style.