We kicked off Awards Season with the Golden Globes last night and you know what that means -- a fashion buffet full of Do's and Don'ts! Now I am still deciding on who I think the Best Dressed were, but the Worst Dressed list was an easy list to run off.
Coming in at #3:
I love animal print as much as the next fashionista, but there was definitely too much animal print happening on Maggie Gyllenhaal last night. No Maggie, even the zoo doesn't take blue leopards.
Glenn wasn't close at all in this number. I believe I heard children screaming in this gaudy gold pant suit situation. I was trying to think of an appropriate situation where you could wear this and I believe it would look great in the fireplace along with hot flames.
Poor Renée. I guess she had to land on this list sometime. This number reminds me of Gwyneth Paltrow's Oscar mishap a couple years back. Usually Carolina Herrera gets it right, I don't know what happened! It's like a backwards see through bib. We all love Renée, but we are not used to seeing her on this list and we don't want to see her here again!
What did you think of the Golden Globes last night? Leave me comments!
I have wavy, sort of curly, sort of straight, frizzy, very annoying hair. The easiest and quickest tool for me to use to look fabulous is a straight iron. Now, there are so many different straight irons on the market. Which one is good? Whichever one that is in your budget, make sure it’s a ceramic iron as is it better for your hair. This is the one item that I suggest you splurge a little on. Because a little goes a long way! It is less damaging to your hair and it makes it look healthy, smooth and fabulous!
Go for a Chi Pink Iron. I have the pink limited edition one because I love pink, but you can’t go wrong with any of their flat irons. It’s the best flat iron that I’ve ever owned and I recommend it to everyone!
What are advantages of Makeup Brushes?
People think that they don't need makeup brushes and like to use their fingers to get the job done. No doubt you love your finger, but use them to hold things, i.e, makeup brushes. Using makeup brushes have several benefits:
- The brushes are simpler to control than your finger and so the result is much less messy.
- Brushes can help you applying blush on one cheek and then the other with a matching effect.
- Brushes make final effect natural and wonderful. Your face will glow more and each color should come blended into the next.
- Your fingers can contaminate your cosmetics, but your brushes do not.
Type of Brushes:
There are a number of makeup brushes available in the cosmetic shops ranging from purpose to size to cost. Choose according to your need. You can buy the following range of Makeup Brushes:
- Power Brushes - Luxuriously designed oversize brushes to dust loose or pressed powder across the face.
- Blush Brushes - These brushes gives user excellent control.
- Sponge Brushes - Sponge of this brush helps in blending of the cosmetics very well.
- Eye Brushes - your eyes are beautiful and after all important to you. You can Buy a range of eye brushes like Eye Shadow Brushes, Eye Liner Brushes, Eyebrow Brushes, etc to keep doing your eyes designing.
- Lip Brushes - These brushes gives your lips the true blending of color and cosmetics.
No items matching your keywords were found.
There are many more brushes are available for doing makeup and makeup of different kind. Identify your requirement and got them. Definitely, these will make you prettier.
Take care of your brushes
Once you got the brushes of your need and choice, you need to take care of these. How do you do that??
- Always store your brushes in mesh brush bag.
- Don't blow on your brushes. If you need to reduce some of the powder or cosmetics while using gently shake them.
- Clean the brushes regularly.
- After cleaning, dry them naturally. Do not use hair dryer etc, otherwise bristle will melt.
How to clean makeup brushes?
To clean your makeup brushes, please follow the followings cleaning rules.
- Run warm water over the bristles of the brush. Take care that base of the brush do not get wet, especially if is made of wood.
- Do continue rinsing till it become clear and clean.
- Squeeze the extra water but very gently.
- Reshape it delicately.
- Allow it dry in air for 24 hour.
So you buy this great software, bring it home, and attempt to install in on your computer. Problem is, you have no idea how your computer works and integrating the software is way beyond you. Oh, and you also happened to buy a Math Tutorial program when what you really needed was Norton Antivirus. You eventually figure out how to install the program by tinkering with it everyday. Buuut...it is still a math program, so day after day, it spits out odd formulas and equations at you. Meanwhile, your computer has inherited 10 viruses and a worm.
Believe it or not, most of us go through this everyday with a top notch, state-of-the-art computer called our MIND. It is the most powerful machine, stimulating responses, and dictating emotions. Problem is, most of us have no idea how to use it to our advantage and end up being controlled by it. What's more, we tend to download the wrong "software," which is composed of our negative thoughts. Everyday, we input negativity, causing negative experiences, and then we are left wondering why life isn't turning out as planned. The solution is simple: UNINSTALL--REBOOT--AND GET WITH THE PROGRAM!
One of the most powerful ways to rewire your mind correctly is through affirmations. Affirmations are positive statements that you repeat aloud to yourself daily. It is a simple, yet extremely effective technique. Do these everyday consistently, and your life will change in a very short time.
Think of the areas in your life that you would like to improve. When you say your affirmation, be grateful for whatever you're thinking of as if it is already there. For example, instead of saying, "I hope to have/want a lot of money" say, "I am grateful for the abundance of the Universe, and riches come to me quickly under grace and love." Also, state your affirmation in a positive manner, say what you do want, not what you don't want. For example, instead of saying, "I do not want to judge others" say, "I am a tolerant person who sees love and beauty in others." Again, think of the areas that you would like to improve in your life. Is it money, relationships, your own spiritual growth? Write out 10 affirmations, and put each one on an index card. Repeat all 10 affirmations aloud 10 times throughout the day. Gradually increase your affirmations to 20, then 30, and so on, covering all aspects of your life that you want to push to the next level. Again, repeat these 10 times a day.
It is 2009, there is no better time to change your life. And when it comes to changing your life, there is no better WAY than to change your MIND.