I recently found this in an H&M Magazine and thought it was so necessary!
It has happened to everyone! Some more than others, but is HAS happened to you at least once! You're lunching with the ladies, you're at a dinner party, you're at a new years bash, you're at a place where you took 2 hours to get ready and you're looking fabulous,...then....you spill wine on yourself, your drunk girlfriend gets lipstick on your dress, that rowdy guy who was in the corner 2 hours ago gets out of hand and spills beer on you....what do you do!? No need to fear, here are a few tips to maintain your fabulousness.
Hand wash with Club soda - The salt in the soda absorbs the stain while the bubbles lift it! No muss, no Fuss!
Rinse in cold water or in boiling milk!
Scrape as much as you can off with a butter knife or a credit card, daub it with a wet wipe then rinse with hot water to remove the oils.
Coffee and Tea:
Daub it with white wine vinegar and then rinse.
Sponge it off with a piece of white bread!
Rinse in cold soapy water or grab some pure vodka and daub it off.
Rub in cornstarch and leave for at least 20 minutes. Brush off with a dry towel. Repeat if necessary. This works best for silk and wool. If you can take the item home and wash it, pretreat it with citrus oil. Gall soap is another solution.
Comes out right away if you pour boiling water on the stain.
Source: H&M winter 08/09, "The Holiday Issue"
I’m not prego, but I have a lot of friends who are. The number one thing that they’re concerned about is how to pull off the fabulous pregnant look without breaking the bank! They really jack up the prices for jeans and pants because it’s something you must purchase, but there are a few tips I have to save money for your new bundle of joy.
1. Wear your baby’s daddy’s clothes! In the first few stages of pregnancy, you don’t know how big you’re going to be, so go through his closet to tie you over until you get ridiculous. Besides, you’ll be the one giving birth; the least the men can do is let you borrow their digs.
2. Go second hand shopping! Listen, it may not be glamorous, but honestly, you don’t want to wear those clothes again after the nine months are up. You have to get back to your fabulous self and be a fabulous mommy so just thrift store it for a few months and pass it on!
3. Shop ONLINE! There are so many sites out there that are dedicated to catering to your every need, so take advantage of it! I found a good site with cute clothes called: instylematernity.com and their clothes are pretty cheap! Also try the usual ebay, ioffer, amazon, etc.
4. And finally….Wear tights! Just get huge shirts, sweaters, dress shirts, etc and pair them with some black tights, throw on some flat black boots and you’ll be rockin that baby bump like a star!
When selecting your hairstyle, you must know what your face shape is. Do you know? Not everyone can pull off the Victoria Beckham look and it’s not meant for everyone. However, when you research hairstyles to compliment your face, Rock it!
Confidence goes beyond any face shape dos and don’ts. Maybe your hairstyle suggestion you found is out of your comfort zone, but you must ROCK IT! Don’t let people know you’re insecure about it and in time you won’t be. Make your hair look so effortlessly hot and people will notice!
Have fun with your hair! If you are looking for a change but not sure which way you want to go, go to a wig store! Try on different looks and see what you would feel best rockin.
Haircolor looks best when it looks like you're born with it (or is it maybelline?) Unless your hairstylist is awesome and always knows what they’re doing, make sure you sit in that chair with an idea of what is the most natural color on you. I once sat down and told the hairstylist to just go for it, and she turned my hair orange. I tried rockin it, but I think it just made me look like I put self tanner in my hair. Not hot….
What are some of your hair experiences? Talk to Anna!
I saw this on TV and thought…how frickin fun is that?! So this year, people aren’t spending as much money for Christmas yada yada….but you still want to get together with your friends and family because that’s what the holidays are about right? Getting drunk and laughing or fighting with each other and then realizing that you don’t actually like Uncle Bob’s new wife Marie who’s SO fake! Well…don’t get her or Uncle Bob a gift. Just throw a Holiday Cookie Party!
Recipe for success:
- Invite a lot of people so you have a lot of cookies to try!
- Everyone bakes a dozen cookies (I guess you can buy them from the store, but at least personalize it by slapping on some icing or something!)
- Have small lunch bags with holiday décor on it so everyone can take a dozen home
- Have food, holiday booze, dress up in a Christmas sweater or if you live in Los Angeles and you don’t have any, just dress holiday fabulous, have festive decorations, cheery music and you have a hit party!
It doesn’t take much, but you know which friends are cool enough to invite. If you don’t contribute to the party…your ass can stay home!
Have any other holiday suggestions or questions? Talk to Anna!